SUMMER 2021 UPDATES
HELLO KGC FRIEND!
WHAT WILL CAMP LOOK LIKE IN 2021?
We'd love to be able to answer that question right now too! However, there are still many unknowns as we wrap up 2020 and have begun making plans for 2021.
Here's what we do know:
- Our Board of Directors is committed to seeing camp run in 2021
- If possible, KGC will run camp in 2021 - we are putting plans in place already and are excited to roll out camp again, even if it needs to look different!
- We are in close communication with our provincial and federal camping associations who are working closely with our governments to do all we can to see camp open in 2021.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this season - we can't wait to share camp with you again soon!
HERE ARE SOME DETAILS REGARDING SUMMER 2020
IS KGC RUNNING DAY CAMPS?
With the announcement of a date for Phase 4.1 in the reopen SK plan, which included the ability to host days camps, we know many are wondering how KGC intends to proceed with this information.
After much prayer, counsel, and discussion, the Board and Directors of Kedleston Gospel Camp have made the difficult decision to remain closed during Summer 2020.
After running countless scenarios, we came to the conclusion that running Day Camps this summer will pose too many risks to our beloved KGC family.
We truly cannot wait for camp to open up again, and we’ll be working hard to make sure that you have the best time possible once camp can reopen. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OVERNIGHT CAMPS UPDATE
As of May 21 we have made the difficult decision to cancel all overnight summer/fall 2020 camps.
This summer is Kedleston’s 75th Anniversary. We were E-X-C-I-T-E-D to come together and celebrate 75 years of God working in the lives of His people at Kedleston Gospel Camp. However, this year looks a little different than we all expected. Regardless, we will continue to TRUST GOD’S PLAN!
HERE’S WHAT WE DO KNOW
- LIT will continue in an online format
- 60+ staff will continue to meet through zoom calls to stay connected and encourage one another
- Infrastructure projects will continue this summer as we look to maintain and improve camp
JR LIT — JULY 6-10, 2020
SR LIT — JULY 13-17, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 12
(Note: you can skip the reference step if you are submitting your application right now)
REGISTRATION FEES & DONATIONS
Would you consider donating part or all of your registration fees to continue to support of KGC? We’re aiming to raise $172,000 this year to maintain and keep improving camp. We’re looking ahead to 2021 and are incredibly excited to see what God has in store!
PLEASE CONTACT US REGARDING YOUR REGISTRATION FEES
If you have further questions and to give direction regarding camp fees, email us at email@example.com. Please ensure that you include:
1. The campers' name(s)
2. Registration ID
3. Camp for which camper was registered
With hearts full of gratefulness for each of you, we pray God's blessing over you all.
Cam and Kerry Lewis, Kaila Stevenson, and the KGC Board